Class Committee Structure
Teacher Advisor: Form Teacher
Class Executive Committee
· Chairperson (x1)
· Vice-Chairperson (x1)
· Secretary (x1)
· Treasurer (x1)
· Peer Support Leaders (Applicable for Sec 2s and Sec 3s)
(a) Welfare / Service Learning Committee - Welfare / SL co-ordinator
(b) Cyber Wellness & Media Literacy Committee - Cyber Wellness & Media Literacy Ambassador (2 students)
(c) National Education Committee - NE representatives (5 Students)
(d) Sports & Wellness Committee - Sports & Wellness representatives – one per house (5 students)
(e) Environment Committee – Environment representatives (2 Students)
(f) Subject Representatives- English, MT (CL, HML), Science, Math, ADMT, Geography, History,
Role and Responsibilities of Class Committee Members
· To provide leadership to the Class Exco members, heads of each sub-committee and classmates in promoting school spirit and culture within the class.
· To work closely with the Form Teacher to ensure smooth running of class activities and inform any problems or challenges within the class.
· To facilitate class meetings together with Vice-Chairperson, with guidance from Form Teacher. When need arises, to conduct class executive committee meetings with Form Teacher.
· To maintain discipline in the class especially during assemblies, in between lessons and when moving from class to class.
· To embrace the SST’s school values and be a role model for classmates.
· To assist the Class Chairperson in his/her roles and responsibilities listed above
· To cover the duties of the Class Chairperson in his/her absence.
· To ensure the sub-committees carry out their duties responsibly.
· To assist the Form Teacher and Class Chairperson in any administrative matters.
· To monitor movement of classmates and ensure that no one leaves the class without the permission of the Form/Subject Teacher.
· To write the date and the names of absentees on the whiteboard before the first period on a daily basis.
· To record minutes of executive committee and class meetings and forward to Form
Teacher and Level Co-ordinator.
· To update homework, assessments or any class events on the class blog.
· To collect money and keep a proper account of all collections and expenditure.
· To draw out a budget for the class (class fund) and ensure that money is collected only when needed. To ensure that pupil sign against her name on a class list, when money is collected from her.
· To ensure that all money collected is passed to Account Department or Form Teacher within the same day.
Welfare / Service Learning Committee - Welfare / SL co-ordinator
· To ensure the general well-being of the class through class and school-wide activities
· To organize class bonding activities to build healthy relationships between members in class eg games, birthday celebrations...
· To support Service Learning Projects
· To assist and liaise with Service Learning Teacher I/C on matters related to Service Learning
· To liaise with Level Co-ordinators and other teachers to disseminate information regarding CE matters, Service Learning and the NYAA to and from class
Cyber Wellness/Media Literacy Ambassador
· To promote digital citizenship and good use of media to class and school community.
· To be the class contact persons in activities related to Cyber Wellness within the class, school and community.
· To report any misuse or abuse of IT-related incidents to Form Teacher
National Education Committee - NE representatives
· To be the class contact persons in activities related to National Education within the class, school and community.
· To assist NE Committee in organising NE-related events such as Total Defence Day, National day Celebrations, Racial Harmony Day etc,...
Sports & Wellness Committee - Sports & Wellness representatives
· To be the class contact persons in activities related to Sports and Wellness and House.
· To organise school-wide events related to the Sports and Wellness Department
· Update and inform class about their House activities such as Inter-House Competitions etc,.
· To assist the PE Teacher in getting equipment for PE lessons.
· To disseminate information with regards to all PE and CCA matters.
· To assist the PE Dept on all matters pertaining to CCA record
Environment Committee – Environment representatives
· To ensure that the classroom environment is clean. This includes the locker area and the corridor outside the classroom.
· To prepare a duty roster for maintenance of classroom cleanliness and see to its effective implementation. To monitor and track the duties of pupils on the roster. To remind and follow-up with individuals on their duties.
· To ensure that the lights, air-cons, fans and projectors are switched off when not is use.
· To ensure that the clock, fans, air-cons, lights and all AV/IT equipment are in good working condition and report to the estate officer if they are faulty.
· To set-up recycling box for the class.
· To encourage the class to participate actively in `green’ projects recommended by the school.
· To implement creative projects within the class and/or school that aim to save the environment conserving electricity for the class and school.
· To record test dates on “Assignment Schedule” on blog or on class notice-board
· To assist Subject Teachers in disseminating any information related to the subject area.
· To help in collecting and submitting assignments.
· To assist Subject Teachers in planning and organizing events related to the subject area.